Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Life....and taking advantage of it
I've been thinking a lot lately about starting to blog and keeping some sort of order with a focus on exercise/health/nutrition/running, another about photography and then just the random motivational and what ever else is going on in my head that day. Last night I was catching up on tv saved on my DVR and just watched the episode of Deadliest Catch where Phil Harris past away. It really hit me hard. He was my favorite crabbing captain. He was a tough guy who at the same time showed compassion for his 2 boys and his crew. Genuinely cared about the crew and also behind the scenes from the tv world we got to share and see into his life, he worked with the camera crew which is huge to me because I can understand how difficult it is to do your job as a camera guy when the people you are trying to shoot can make or break how your day goes. It really hit me hard to see how fast he went and it made me think of losing my dad. Made me think a lot. About life in general and how we get into a grind. Try to get things done, then after trying so hard, we take a break to enjoy life and before you know it, you're stuck in a ditch. You don't notice it because it's comfortable, you have a routine. It's safe. Although you're no longer trying or pushing to attain what you were striving to achieve. It's been said so many times we take it for granted and it doesn't phase society anymore, but life is short. We all die, but do you really live?? A few years ago I was on my way to go snowboarding thinking about a friend who was telling me about great adventures she had read about but never had any stories of her own and it made me think. You can either live your life reading about others experiences or you can get out and live them and if you have time, write them to share with others. As much as the pain of change hurts and is uncomfortable, I think it's time to shake things up and ride rocket. I don't want to lay in this ditch and watch life pass by. I want more out of life and as much as rejection sucks, if you don't ask, if you don't try, the answer is 100% no. So rejection will suck, eventually someone will say yes, someone will open that door and when they do, take the opportunity and run with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sounds to me like you have a good plan, hon. :o)
ReplyDeleteNow get out there!
Hiya Luc - I hope you do shake things up :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Manda!!! I dont know about a plan but i'm trying!! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Luna! good to see you around again! Missed ya!