Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Direction, shake, stir and look for the arrow pointing up

I'm searching for direction. I'm not sure where the road signs are but they aren't neon and they aren't where I am right now. I've pretty much always known what I wanted, or a direction I was going in and went full speed ahead, no holds barred to go there in the past. In the last year, someone made me a tequila popper and now... well, now I'm searching for direction. Shaken, stirred, and looking for the arrow on the box pointing up or the road sign that says, "Hey, this way".

I'm not sure really what my focus is right now. My photography is still there, I get inspired to shoot but then don't have people to shoot to create the images. When I get people I'm to busy to shoot. My career is a bit of a full blown can of soda left in a hot car. Do I want to continue to do production and photography, do I go more the creative route in agencies? Perhaps I change it up completely and I go on a more project to project contract. Freelance obviously isn't the answer, its not consistent enough to pay the bills and have any sort of lifestyle. As it is...I, am, a, whore. The phone rings, regardless if it's 2 months or 2 hours from now. My answer is yes, I'd love to run camera, pull cable, mix audio etc etc, I will be there, I will kick ass, and it will be done seamlessly. I'd like a little order again.

In the other arena of my life. I haven't worked out really or exercised at all in almost a week now. I was down to 8.2% body fat before I ran the Missoula 1/2 Marathon a couple weeks ago. The last week I've lost my motivation and I'm a lazy eff. I just signed up for another 1/2 Marathon in Sandpoint in September so hopefully that will kick start me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment